- To promote, aid, help, encourage, develop, protect and secure the interests of the Digital News Publishers in the Digital Industry
- The DNPA exists to promote the interests of digital news publishers to Government, regulatory authorities, industry bodies and other organisations whose work affects the digital news industry.
- The DNPA will serve the shared interests of its Digital News Publishers and protect the general interests of its members across political, legal and regulatory matters. It will also serve as a self-regulatory body for entities that are recognised and verified as news publishers
- To promote awareness about the latest developments in the Digital industry relating to News and content and to disseminate knowledge amongst its members and the general public regarding such development.
- To promote the growth of friendly relations amongst the members and amongst persons engaged in the Creation and distribution of the digital news content and especially to encourage co-operation among the members so as to maximize mutual benefits.
- To protect all its members from persons or entities who carry on unfair and/or unethical practices or who discredit the digital news industry.
- Work towards solutions that help the overall industry : like working together to control dissemination of fake new, try and ensure the industry works out solution toward fact checking, and evolve standards around viewability and brand safety